Our immune system protects our body against diseases and infections. It fights with the bacteria, virus and other foreign bodies and protect us but sometimes it fails and we get sick. In the current situation of COVID-19 or coronavirus, everyone is struggling to protect themselves and their families. In this pandemic, It’s important to take good care of your immunity. As there is no vaccine available to cure coronavirus yet it’s good to use immunity booster drink and try other ways to improve your immune system.
We all know that prevention is better than cure. In the address to the nation, Prime Minister Narendra Modi also asked people to boost their immune system and drink kadha which is an ayurvedic drink.
What is Kadha?
Kadha is an ayurvedic drink which is prepared using some herbs and spices. It’s a kind of decoction which we get after boiling the herbs and spices in water. In Indian kitchens, kadha is the first medicine we take for cough and cold or seasonal flu.
How to make Immunity Booster Drink (Kadha)
To make this immunity booster drink at home you need few ingredients. The quantity of the ingredients is for two cups kadha:
- Green Cardamom – 2 crushed
- Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp crushed
- Ginger – 1/2 tsp crushed or dried powder
- Cinnamon – 1 tsp powder or 1 small stick
- Tulsi Leaves – 5 – 6 leaves
- Mulethi – 1 tsp powder or 1 small stick
- Water – 4 cups
- Honey or Jaggery (optional) – As per your taste
How to prepare Kadha
- Take a pan and add 4 cups of water in it.
- Add Black Cardamom or Badi Elaichi, Black Pepper, Ginger, Cinnamon, Tulsi Leaves, and Mulethi in it.
- Boil the water till it reduced to half.
- Now strain it and if you want you can add honey as per your taste.
Note: If you are making it for kids you can adjust the amount of black pepper and ginger as they can cause burning sensation and heartburn.
You can also make the powder of all the ingredients for later use. For tulsi leaves either you can dry the leaves for it or use fresh leaves. Just add 1/2 tsp powder for one cup tea.